Thursday, September 24, 2015

Short End Of The Stick













I took my Jeep in to get the oil changed a few weeks ago, and as soon as I drove it off smoke started coming out of the tail pipe. At first I thought they spilled something, but as the week went on it kept doing it. I took it back and after having to wait a few days they told me they'd put two extra quarts of oil in it because the tech had filled it to spec, but then checked the dipstick and it said it was low. They then found an obscure bulletin that some tiny fraction of 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee's had been sent from the factory with the wrong dipstick. To be honest I thought they might have been pulling my leg, trying to cover up a mistake so when the new one arrived today and they offered to swap it for me I told them I'd do it myself. Well, sure enough the new one (top) is about a quarter of an inch longer than the old.

No comments: