Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Rock

















10 years ago we didn't have a lot of money. I was a college student and Mari had just started a new job having moved from Oregon to Arizona. So her ring was, let's say inexpensive. I promised then that in 10 years I would do something about that. I didn't forget. I've been planning this ever since. As we have joint everything there was no way I could do this without her knowing, so my folks became co-conspirators. It all came together perfectly. I got a loose stone, with a hook up from co-workers to have it set at Village Jewelers. I then convinced Mari the flowers were it, in a tight budget year. After our T-Day lunch I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me, again. There was a long, utterly stunned pause, then she burst into tears. It couldn't have gone any better. The picture is underwhelming. Curse you cell phone camera.

No comments: