Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Wish I Could Quit You
















I've never been thrilled with iTunes. They charge more than 99 cents for most new songs now. They use their proprietary format. They use DRM. Unfortunately the iPod was really the only game in town back in the day. Today I'd get a Zune HD, but why bother? My Droid does everything a Zune can do and more. So I have officially started a project to wean myself off iTunes. Step one, use MediaMonkey to convert all my iTunes songs to equal fidelity MP3s, whilst stripping them of DRM. Also use MediaMonkey to imbed album art so I can still see it on my Droid. Step 2, download the just released PC/Android app doubleTwist, which is supposed to sync your library just like iTunes and links into the Amazon MP3 store. It also does pictures, movies, and lets you browse the Android Market from your computer. doubleTwist is in Beta right now so I'm not expecting this to be painless, but down with the oppressors! Or something like that.

No comments: